Here are some patterns for making hearts.
1. • Easy treat bags for Valentine’s Day
I decided to make a flapped fold over style bag. These will hold the treats in and keep them fresh with a flap and a fold-over top. Here are the first of my finished treat bags for Valentine’s day:
To make these here is what you need:
Two rectangles of fabric measuring 18″ X 7″
Embroidery design of your choice
Design template (you can print one from Alpha Xpress or Catalog Xpress or ELS)
Cut away stabilizer
Lapel Stick temporary adhesive
Here is what you do:
Embroider the design
1. Lay the outer rectangle face down and fold in half to 7″ X9″ with the fold at the bottom. Fold the top edge down 2″. Now decide where to place your design template and pin it in place through the top layer of fabric.
3. Place the hoop on your machine and check the needle placement. Remove the template and embroider the design. (Note: These hearts have 3 thread colors that i embroidered all the same color>)
4. Remove from the hoop. Cut away the excess stabilizer.
Sew the treat bag
1. Place the lining fabric right side up on the table with one short end at the top. Place the outer fabric face down on top with the top of the embroidered design upside down. Sew along the top short edge. Turn so wrong sides are together and press the seam.
6. Fold the flap down and turn the folded top over it. Your treat bag is ready to be filled with treats and bring smiles all around.
I hope you have fun making these simple little bags with the blurred heart .